Sunday, November 9, 2008

Midwestern Morphine

Clusters of atoms twisting into bits and pieces of positive and negative electrons colliding at the speed of sound. Tonight we'll get away with it. Stutter step up and down a circular stair case. We laugh, we embrace, we breathe.... and we live.

(2 tabs of mescaline later)

We're kings. We're laughing and blacking out. Midwest shotgun cracks against the forest. Screeching noises of red and white elaborate colors, the wind has veins of electric lines. Siren sounds and the serenity of something-ness. We occupy empty air, you, me, the pink and purple teddy bear. The one I drew for you. We named him chomp.

(1 dose of catastrophe)

We're separated. The world is small, and I am lost. The woods are tendrils reaching for me. When you my darling stumble into my nightmare and make it a fantasy. We trip, we fuck, we stumble. Twigs and leaves caught in our hair. Autumn air nipping at our open middles. Fuck safety- I'm coming inside you.

(A morning after pill)

The solace of the 24-hour diner. After dinner comedowns and treats. Greasy spoon and greasy food They don't know how to make hash browns like you do my dear. We don't tip because we don't got any class. We're the ones of ill-repute. Parking lots go sideways, you use me for balance. You're wearing flats, and walking like you have a broken stiletto. We kiss and capital avenue stands still.

(Epilogue)

Vomit stains. Dark brown circles left on upholstery. Nickels and dimes face up and down, are now stuck. Crashing spoons collide with tourniquets. I wrap these around my arm now because of you. China men built railroad tracks down my arm once. A constellation of the star crossed lovers.

it's too bad she won't live, then again i guess no one really does

No comments: