Friday, December 12, 2008

Another True story

All semester I've been going to well and writing about true life stories and experiences. One of those choices that I made was to write about certain "moments" between me and my ex girlfriend (Raggedy-Anne). I did so tastefully, and trust  me (Raggedy-Anne) they were sweet and truthful- I promise. 

Today I met my professor today for one last conference. We talked about the latest piece of fiction I'd just turned in. He had a lot of good and really helpful feedback. But in the piece I turned in he highlighted one particular part.

"Alkaline 9 volt battery charge hits my tongue. She tastes like copper and vanilla. Her skin is delicate and soft. People are staring and {Raggedy-Anne} hates the attention, but she presses her self into me. She means it this time."

He tells me that all semester I've slipped stories in about this character, this (Raggedy-Anne). Says my writing changes when I talk about her. He says I write more passages like the one above, which he thought was really strong and really stood out. 

The whole point of the story we were talking about was a story about my parents, and paragraph above was just a brief shot of (Raggedy-Anne). But that's where it started. He said the story about my parents worked out really well, but he was really interested to know more about (Raggedy-Anne). 

Makes me wonder- across countries and oceans, how do you still boil my blood?

1 comment:

Telestial Baby said...

I will check him out.

Chris! My phone is off again. I want to send pointless texts, but I can't.

I miss you!